Frankford was established in 1808 by the founding of a country store, Long’s Store on Vines Branch. At first, Frankford was a part of a plantation belonging to David Long; it was called “Forest Flower” around c.1750. Then in a land grant, as part of a plantation, it was called “Partnership” in c. 1775. In c. 1800, the area was referred to as “Jacob’s Mill Pond”. It acquired the recognition as Long’s Store on Vine’s Branch in c. 1808. By c. 1812, most people knew the area as Gum’s Store. Around c. 1848, most people were calling it the Town of Frankford, even though we have definite proof it was Frankford as early as c. 1820. Regardless of what the Town has been referred to by title, the founding or settlement of the Town originates around the Old country Store, owned by Isaiah Long on Vine’s Branch. The Town has been the home to quite a few noteworthy sea captains such as Captain John E. Harmon, Capt. Ebe T. Chandler, Capt. Robert Dasey, and Capt. Joshua Townsend. Three of the sea captains homes are still present today.